Draft parallel console implementation
This allows Gradle to show multiple items in progress when attached
to an interactive terminal.
This is achieved by:
First, breaking apart ConsoleBackedProgressRenderer into 3 filters:
- ThrottlingOutputEventListener buffers OutputEvents and flushes
them after a certain period of time or if the build has ended
- BuildStatusRenderer maintains a Label that displays overall
build progress (formerly the "status bar")
- WorkInProgressRenderer maintains a BuildProgressArea and
associates one branch of a ProgressOperations "tree" to a Label
representing work in progress for multiple workers.
Second, externalizing and enhancing concepts within AnsiConsole:
- Cursor represents a position in the terminal, using a cartesian
coordinate system with origin (0, 0) at the bottom left
- MultiLineProgressArea is a TextArea implementation with
addressible lines through Labels.
- Style represents ANSI text colors and emphases.
- Span is simply an association between a Style and String of
- AnsiExecutor is an ANSI-aware text writer. It accepts Actions
that may reposition the Cursor and write styled text
Finally, logging improvements. Project evaluation logging was
extracted from build progress logging. Build progress logs are
formatted with a ProgressBar formatter and submitted through
the same ProgressOperations mechanism. These ProgressOperations
are selected by the BuildStatusRenderer and rendered separately
from other ProgressOperations for now. In the future, we will
have must stronger semantics around this using BuildOperations.
24 Jan 17 34c3667350566dc89fcdd01dd1005194b34a2cb1