Convert user manual to be generated by Asciidoctor only
This change replaces all embedded Docbook syntax from the user manual.
Asciidoctor files are now converted directly to HTML and PDF.
It not only greatly simplifies the user manual generation pipeline, but also it makes it faster.
I did the following for all user manual pages:
- [x] Adjusted links to other manual pages, DSL docs, and Javadocs where necessary.
Fixed a couple dozen broken links at least.
- [x] Convert samples XML from docbook to asciidoctor syntax
- [x] Converted wide tables to a more flexible list-based display
Important contributor differences from now on:
- Users must use a `<file>.adoc#` prefix for all cross-reference links.
This is _required_ to achieve working links in all 3 outputs: multi-page user manual, single-page user manual, and PDF.
- The manual PDF is no longer themed, and no longer has the list of examples links in the TOC.
- File names were changed from camelCased to snake_case to have a crystal clear 1-1 mapping between source to output.
- Section reference verification is now handled by Asciidoctor verbose mode.
- The single-page user manual has the same navigation as the multi-page manual for now.
- [Common Asciidoctor extensions](https://github.com/gradle/dotorg-docs/tree/master/docs-asciidoctor-extensions) are now used by Gradle Guides and the User Manual, however, the the web assets (CSS, JS, etc) are not yet merged.
These extensions are responsible for injecting the navigation and styles.
The header/footer/navigation HTML can now be found under `subprojects/docs/src/main/resources`.
17 Jul 18 135ac7bd3cfe91b57d2a2e4ed759e2af29b6ea45
Add intro and example scenarios to Java testing chapter
I now cover some for the basics of testing so that readers have a foundation
before going into the more specific topics. I have also added some common
scenarios that users encounter, with examples of how to tackle them.
Finally, I've added an integration test for all the samples in this chapter.
23 Apr 18 b07100147da43e48f2b18ba9f6c953c35e14e5ee