Remove dependency on JGit test fixture
- Use our own fixture that drives Git itself
- We can control where the temporary files live and use our
other fixtures (e.g., TestFile)
07 Sep 17 2402efc42820ec9808d1b4cd5c628983fdafd03d
Spike a GitVersionControlSystem
This spike just shows as a proof of concept how we can generically
approach version control system integration. This spike demonstrates:
* The use of a `VersionControlSpec` to define the url of the
* The use of a `VersionControlSystem` as the high-level abstraction
for all version control systems.
* A *very* rudimentary implementation of the `populate` method
for a `GitVersionControlSystem`
* An initial fixture for testing our Git integration.
The spike does not yet cover:
* How to get an instance of the correct type of version control
system based on the type of the version control spec that was
provided. But, we'll probably use some version control
* Sophisticated handling for many common scenarios when
populating a working directory from a repository.
* Working directory exists and has correct remote.
* Working directory exists but is not a git repository.
* Working directory exists but has other remote.
* Multiple working directories for the same remote.
* Poorly formed user-input.
Related to https://github.com/gradle/gradle-native/issues/107
31 Aug 17 ad177d664469cc2e66c7e9515a2b16ecc0a08bdc